Saturday, November 13, 2010
French Lunch
Half day work today, first time I find that working half a day is not enough, because there are still pending things yet to be finished. No choice, need to wait for monday le. Monday is a 12hour shift for me, I hope I will have some time to finish up my stuff, well, still left quite a lot wonder can finish it or not. Of course, nice weekend, don't think about work anymore. Wait till monday then think and fret. Haha.
Went to the company's year end function today. It is weird I know because I am still an agency staff only. Thought I would not enjoy it, but in the end, still not bad. Enjoyed the food, though I don't think I said anything during the whole event (because I really don't know what can I say), but it is quite interesting to listen to them talk also. Well, listener is an important role as well. I am ok with the relationship with them now, because if I grow any closer to them, things will get complicated. My saying, no trust no feeling no hatred. Meaning: better to be just colleagues, and not talk about anything else except work-related, in case anything in the future, I will not be affected? Well, something like that but I don't know how to say la. Furthermore, I really do not have topics to share with them. The link or connection is just not that. Not my clique. Really. They think I am too quiet, maybe I am over there. But actually I am not, those who know me will know, maybe they may prefer not to know me in the end. Because I tend to over-talk. LOL. Seems like a split personality yeah.
Anyway, the lunch was great, just a bit lengthy that it stretched from 1-4pm. In the end, I did not eat any dinner because it just seems that I just had my lunch when dinner time reached. Love scallops, love the sea bass and of course dessert warm chocolate tart. Only regret is I ordered lobster bisque instead of mushroom soup. I think I would like mushroom soup better, because lobster soup is abit weird tasting. But nice still la. Atas dining place. And ya, I drank 1 glass of white and red wine each. I like the white wine. It is nice, and sweet?? But I think my alcohol tolerance a bit not there, just 2 glasses, I feel a bit sway already, luckily only for a while. After the event still managed to go west mall shop with Shina.
Thank you to Shina for the white lovers' biscuits. Loved them. Shall slowly eat and save all for myself. Haha. Hokkaido really seems nice after listening to her travel story. Makes me more tempted to go Korea next year. Well, tentatively. Haha.
Had a sudden idea flashing that maybe I should study biological science instead. Firstly it is my interest as well, secondly it is quite related to my work/previous study, thirdly it may have more career prospects. Well, it is just a sudden idea, but of course I still need to think about it more. Don't want to regret my choice again. Like in secondary school when I've decided already to study mass communication, but in the end, chose nursing instead for don't know whatever reason. Now, it is like going through the same situation again. Chinese versus biological science. Totally different 2 areas. I could have consider enrolling for mass communication actually, but somehow I had zero confidence to get in. Dunno why, but it just seemed to me that I definitely cannot make it in. Quite a no. of friends taking that, which this already turns me off a little, no offence just feels weird, then also it seems really a english type program, and covers broad aspects of media. Of course I know all courses except chinese are english programs, but I just feel that program is too westernized. Dunno how to describe la, and also I am only interested in print media actually, not filming or photography or PR. So yup, I don't think I will try to choose that. Now I just want to choose something closest to my interest, and something which I think I will have high chance of getting it. That's all.
Anyway 3 more months to consider. I need a lot of constructive opinions to guide me actually, but sadly rarely I heard of. No choice, depends on myself lo. Times like this you will wish an elder brother/sister around to give you advice. Naive thinking. And I've officially given up the idea of trying to psycho Emily into studying as well. Clearly, the way she thinks is different from me. Which is reasonable because everyone has different thinking and you cannot force your way of thinking on others. I accept and concede defeat. She is a too simple girl I supposed, and is contented with a simple job and life. Well, for me I think I am very different. Ambitions, dreams and goals, I think I will spend my whole life going after them. And judging from my previous experience, I know I am definitely not somemore who will be contented with just a simple life. At least not for now. Once thought that I will just be a nurse forever lo, earn decent pay lead a simple life. But dunno from when starting, I will think of is this all I wanna do? What else should I have done instead? I think it is really influence from mayday's music. Is it good or bad? The more I listen to 知足,the more 不知足. Funny. Anyway, I am ok with the me now, ready to accept more challenges, in flight mode all the time. Striving to achieve more, striving to live more meaningfully and happily.
现在的我,因为有梦想有目标,过的更充实,也更有动力往前走。虽然真正想要什么还不明确,但我已看到我眼前的路是明亮的,我相信只要坚持走下去,就可以看见真正的希望。
Time to snooze. Still have the alcohol smell in my mouth. I think my rate of metobolism and excretion for alcohol is far too slow. Need sleep. Good night.
00:15
0 comments