Wednesday, April 18, 2012
in the midst of finals
Today is the relaxed day I planned for myself. Not at all relaxing actually, just so that I will stay at home and study, on the Internet. Reason, I have not done research, ok enough research, for my 203 paper. Thus I need to find articles for it, and the exam is next friday. Not mentioning I have a paper this saturday, and 2 other more next tues and wed. Sort of completed studying for this sat's one and next wed's one, but you know, it is never enough studying. I am kind of avoiding next tuesday's paper, because of the quite boring context, on digital media. And, it is the subject which I never even touched on during school days, well not that I did much for other subjects though.
Somehow, I am not very prepared for this upcoming finals. Too many concepts in my mind, and I cannot remember them all. Especially this saturday's paper. The film plus photography theories are driving me nuts! And I spent 3 days just to finish all the readings. No memorizing, just reading. The only paper which I am confident of will probably be translation, partly because of the high scores for midterm and positive feedback for presentation. And I have about 6days to study for it. Since the paper is the week after next.
Contradicting, exams are torturing. But I like how fast the time will pass during exam periods. I am sure, without me realizing it, I will be up here posting again that exams are over! Not that I like exams though. I am not supportive of exams totally, because they kill people's interest on the topics of study. Everyone is studying hard not because they love the subjects, but because they want to do well in exams, including me. This is not what study is supposed to be! We should study a subject, because we like it, and study harder because we want to know more about it. Sadly, the GPA and grades mindset in society now are contaminating the pure interest view. And for me, the more I study for a subject, the more I hated it. From like to hate, so what is the purpose of studying then?
Anyway, I am like wasting my time here trying to write about this. No use, because it serves no purpose. I must say I am quite stress this week due to all the studying, sometimes I feel I am on schedule, other times like now I feel I am not. Last semester I am still able to find some leisure time after studying at JE library to watch online shows. This semester, at least for this week, I am unable to do so. I am suppressing my urge to watch all the korean variety shows. Lol. Possible addiction after the exams, haha.
No more relaxation after exams too, I am officially starting interns on 7th May, to end of July. Hence, my whole holiday is GONE! A note, I end exams on 3rd May 1930. So it means I have only 3 days to sleep and relax. And school's probably starting 2nd week of August I supposed, thus leaving me another 7days to relax after interns. Some calculations here, I have 10days this summer holiday to fully rest and slack, excluding work weekends.
I hope I made a right choice to go into this internship. I wanted to, because I wanted to go into productions. But the pathetic pay of interns is really, demoralizing. Not complaining, because this is my choice. Hope I can learn a lot, and adapt faster this time. Well, I really think I am sacrificing my possible high-pay job for this. Well, if I do agency nursing this break instead of intern, I would probably have save up for my next year school fees, and exchange expenses as well. Yes, this is the difference. But well, I looking forward to hands on experience to production as well. Although I am unsure of what o do, and I am really totally a newbie in this area, no experience, and I am so glad and thankful they are willing to accept me as an intern.
Haix back to more studying now. Hopefully I can finish researching the articles tonight! And watch an episode of Family Outing maybe to relax a bit?? I think I am too stress until I cannot sleep well at night. Sian-ed. Tomorrow will be another full day at JE library again, conquering information literacy. I think I am quite productive studying at JE library instead of at home.
17:52
0 comments