Saturday, May 12, 2012
No break even after exams
Yeah, as I've said before, time is so fast that before you realised it, exams are officially over. My last paper was a wreck, it is supposed to be my most confident paper. In the end, everything just don't turn out right. Even before I stepped into the exam hall, I could sense the negative aura. Hahaha. Just imagine seeing people carrying like 3-4 dictionaries in hand, while me, only one. And my only one is the cheaper kind, not oxford or longman, not half as big as theirs. I dunno, I don't really suppose I will need such good dictionaries initially. But, I was wrong ultimately because, some words, simple words, are not present in my dictionary when I searched during the exam itself. Simple words like "availability" or 愿者上钩. Yup, sounds easy, seems easy, try translating them. And, I hate myself for not knowing idiom stories well, 姜太公钓鱼,愿者上钩, I totally forgotten what is the story behind it, and we are supposed to do a cultural translation for it. Haix, see how shit the exam is. Nonetheless, I really hope I won't do too badly for it, given that my midterms were alright. Let's see what happened on 24th May.
One week since my internship had started. I was quite apprehensive about it on Day 1, or rather quite negative. By subsequently, I thought the place was alright. People are warm and friendly, but I haven't start production work yet, I think their "peak" is just over, hence, now we are just waiting for shoots. Meanwhile, doing some research marketing stuff, random but quite interesting. Suddenly, I think I know more about marketing and advertising, and some companies in Sg and China. I supposed there will be more stuff to learn in the next 2+months. Meanwhile, we are quite "slack", not only me, other interns as well. Love Tanjong Pagar area for the nice food. Too many markets around, with quite cheap and awesome food. Not loving the crowd at the train though. Killer crowds. And sadly, tons of rude people around. I am reporting for work later and later, people there just don't go in at 9. They start strolling in at 10. Given that I do not have an access card yet, I tot I should go early so that I can go in together with whoever that comes first, not them opening for me. Hence, I keep waiting outside at the sofa area for 30mins every morning. LOL. I am not reaching at 0830 anymore, like I did on the first day. 9.15 is my aim, haha.
After this vacation, I will be Year 2. Fast and scary. I feel that I am still not used to this area yet. I hope I did not make the wrong choice. Though it is my dream course to take, it is my interest and liking, sadly, in reality, it is about suitability. I know I am really not very suitable in this area, since I am not that vocal, or even creative, but I still hope to be able to find an area which is good enough for me. 3 more years to discover that particular area. I should be positive, since this is my area of interest, there should be bound to be something that is there suitable for me. Yes, this is how I need to think.
Enjoying my weekend. Seeing posts on FB regarding TW trips, making me envious. I want to be there also. AHHHH!!!! Next year, yes next year. I am going to tour the whole of TW, well, at least most of it. I am sad to miss mayday's concert in Kaohsiung this dec, I definitely cannot go since I am leaving for TW in Feb. I am really sad. But, makes no sense for me to go there specially to see them, especially when I am going there again like 2 months later. And, budget issue. Haix, life is sad when you are not working. If I am still working, this will definitely be a must go concert for me. But......
Boring life now I am leading. Nothing much to look forward to meanwhile, except next year. 3months of intern, then school start, then projects then exams. Haix, I choose to jump this hole myself, so, yeah, jia you ba.
22:36
0 comments