Monday, December 24, 2012
near the end of 2012
And so the end of world did not occur after all, not that I believed in it in the first place. But I really thought that the idea of everyone perishing together is not that bad actually, because if everyone was to die together, at least, sorrow and grief will not surface, since everyone is gone. Together. The most painful, scary thing about death is to leave your loved one alone living while you're gone, or to see your loved one leaving while you cannot do anything about it. The idea of being left behind. So, if there is really a day which everyone can disappear together, perhaps, this will not be a bad day after all.
Anyway, life still needs to go on. Soon 2013, a new year will arrive. Time to do a year end reflection post. I think my 2012 just revolved around school most of the time. Y1S2 in the beginning of 2012, seriously I cannot recall much things about it, oops. After that was an "I dunno how to describe it" experience of internship as a production assistant for 3 months before school starts again as Y2S1. This semester was fast-moving. My time was spent meaningfully in my opinion, 3-days school week was both relaxing and hectic. Rushing around for classes due to jamming of classes together in 3 days, 6 modules were a bit straining but still manageable, had wkw friends together for translation classes was more fun, knowing some friends better through some modules, experience of radio practicum was awesome and enjoyable. In summary, I enjoyed my Y2S1, and almost everyday I woke up feeling great :) One week after exams, I started work again at the clinical lab. Most probably I will continue working until CNY next year.
Reading stories about friends on exchange make me so excited for mine. Seeing those nice pictures taken during their trips make me wonder whether mine will be as exciting. Sometimes I wonder I should really apply those western countries instead in the first place, because those places are really beautiful and I may not have many chance to explore them in my whole life. Whereas Taiwan is a place which I'd been to many times. Nonetheless, these are just some thoughts. I am still looking forward for my exchange in Taiwan, and to explore those places which I've never been to. Although I'd visited Taiwan quite a no. of times, there are still a lot of places I've never been to. I must make use of the few months there to visit them all. And, Chinese is still the language I am most comfortable with. Haha.
A lot of things to be planned though, and I've not started yet. I should start looking for places that I wish to visit and do some research on them. Then, I need to write a to-pack list. Just thinking through what I want to bring there feels heavy and overloaded already. I don't want to buy everything from there though, so I'll probably try to pack most of the things I need there, and of course to the weight which I can carry. I do not want to drag heavy suitcase and baggage up and down the stairs at train stations again. Yup, writing here is a form of procrastination already haha. I am always lazy to really go get things done, especially with work starting 0730 so tiring. Haha.
Hmmm, perhaps, I should go get some things done now. Shall stop here, hehe, hopefully I will diligently update here when I go for exchange. Or should I open up a new tumblr blog just for simple updates? Shall think about it. Haha. Oh ya, results releasing this Friday, really not looking forward to it. Have this bad feeling bout screwing up some modules. Haix, hopefully not.
14:21
0 comments